Lynn MacDonald, CPA – Founder & Owner
Lynn MacDonald, CPA, is the owner of MacDonald Accounting Services, which offers accounting services and consulting for QuickBooks® to small businesses and nonprofits. Her career has focused on the accounting and financial management of organizations, ranging from venture-funded startups to nonprofits and small local businesses. Lynn is most passionate about helping her clients solve business problems and giving them confidence that their finances are taken care of properly and professionally.
Lynn has more than two decades of experience working with small to medium-sized businesses, startups, and nonprofits in myriad industries, such as eCommerce, retail, legal compliance, animal rescue, disability services, franchising, and many more. She specializes in nonprofit organizations, as well as small businesses. Some of her most recent projects include:
- Restoring federal grant funding for a nonprofit through accurate financial reporting
- Discovering $25K in check fraud against a nonprofit’s bank account before the problem continued
- Streamlining an organization’s complex, manual payroll system to a clear and concise process
- Migrating multiple clients from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- Creating a new, understandable financial reporting structure for a university with complex accounting systems
Lynn is a licensed CPA in both Nevada and Arizona and is a member of the American Institute of CPAs. She is a Ramsey Preferred Coach in the Dave Ramsey Master Financial Coaching Program and has been featured in Dave Ramsey’s national blog. Her accounting software certifications include:
- Certified QuickBooks® Advanced Online ProAdvisor
- Certified QuickBooks® Online ProAdvisor
- Certified QuickBooks® Desktop ProAdvisor
- Certified QuickBooks® Enterprise ProAdvisor
- Certified QuickBooks® Point of Sale ProAdvisor
Prior to starting her own business in 2010, Lynn served as CFO/Controller of several nonprofits, including a school, a college, a museum and education center, and a foundation. Lynn earned her BA in Psychology, followed by her MBA in Marketing from Miami University. When she’s not working, she loves to garden, cook, and shop for antiques, specifically French country. She is also a big fan of Fixer Upper and This Is Us.